Friday, 20 August 2010

Magenta Ruffle Shrug

This is a project from last year.  It took me a rather long time to tidy up the raw inside edge where I picked up stitches for the ruffle. At the time I didn't realise that the inside near the neck would show when you wear it.  It folds out, so of course it would!

I put a herringbone stitch over the join and now it's finished! The only thing left to do was take a picture. Nice to have this done and ticked off my WIP list.

Lion Wool website: Ruffle Shrug
Patons Merino Wool DK
4 mm

I found it a touch tricky to figure out how to fold the rectangle over to sew partial seams which leave the armholes open, - the instructions weren't all that helpful on this point.  It eventually clicked: just keep the ribbing going in the same direction.  My ribbing actually goes the other way than the one on the Lion's site - I must have knitted the rectangle with the height dimension for the width and vice versa.  Not too different, it's much of a muchness!
I'm happy with this.


  1. I love the ribbing your way. :)

  2. Thank you very much, Siga! I can't take credit for the direction of the ribbing, seeing as it was an accident. It looks alright though!
    Thanks again.