Sunday 6 January 2019

Latest projects

How long didn't I blog and how much did I do?  Quite a bit.

I don't have photos of everything so just a small selection:


I really enjoyed making these socks, in a leaf pattern - great knit. I gave them away, the colour is a little bit bright even for me.




I seem to be the only person who knitted these socks. The original ones were done by the designer in blue and her theme was Heatwave. I thought my colour fit very well into that!

The only photo of the blue socks was a little blurry, so perhaps people couldn't see how fantastic the pattern is? It looked complicated, so I wanted to knit it.

The pattern is a bit crazy - it gets you to knit two stiches together that feel like they shouldn't. In fact, the stitch pattern isn't at all intuitive, I had to refer back to the pattern all the time. Which doesn't happen very often to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of knitting these and I am delighted with the result! They look gorgeous and I love wearing them.

I called them Cereza socks after the colour.


I loved making these Rock'n'Roll mittens as well. I enjoy colourwork and don't do it often enough. I changed the pattern on the inside of the mittens and didn't want a skull at the top of the guitar either. I really don't enjoy them as a motif.

The pattern is from the Big Book of knitted mittens.

More to come when I can dig up photos.

2 comments:

  1. Your feet and fingers will be warm and lovely this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the mittens! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete