Thursday, 19 December 2013
All cabled up
They're done and I am really pleased with them. It was obvious from the word go that these would not result in plain stocking stitch. I can never resist a bit of pattern.
I found the cable pattern somewhere online, the name has something with 'segments' in it. A ribbed cable that you keep twisting outwards.
I can even show off my new sock blockers: blue acryclic shapes to put socks on - for taking photographs and also for drying on.
I like the smoothness of the Sweet Tomato heel by Cat Bordhi that I used here: three gently sloping wedges.
The only thing I am rather worried about is whether these socks will fit over my Dad's heel when he tries to slip them on. They should fit just fine once they're on - but I'm not totally sure that he can get to that point.
You can stretch them quite a bit but the lowest cable twist round is still pretty tight.
It's a learning experience, next time I'll pay attention to that.