I am very happy to report that I managed to put together the remaining 16 blocks of my Hash Tag quilt on Sunday.
It was quite a bit of work and seemed to take a very long time, but they are assembled!
It really helped that I finally calculated the length of the strips I would need and went from there. You know, instead of cutting a bit, sewing a bit, and then needing to cut some more and some more and... Rather tough going.
I didn't sew all the blocks to the very same stage, I did some quicker than others so it didn't feel like too much of a dreary and routine job.
The blocks are quite easy in that I put together a very long strip of grey, blue, wider grey, blue and grey again - then I sliced those into one wider and two standard cuts and inserted my 'across' lines of blue fabric by placing all units along a long blue strip that I then cut after pressing seams open. That seemed to be the most efficient way. I'm sure I could have cut the blue strips to the right length first - I have to weigh up which method is quicker next time.
What is left to do for the quilt top is to connect the blocks with grey sashing. I uploaded a photo of my sample four block unit a couple of posts ago if you want to have a look.
I am hoping that I can post another update soon and that time I'll make sure to include a photo!
I love it when something comes together.