Sunday 26 December 2010

Christmas gifts

I decided not to make any Christmas gifts this year after making one each for my family last year and getting rather stressed out over finishing in time.  I have no idea what happened next because I ended up making not just one or two, but five to last year's six.  I definitely surprised myself there by being a lot more altruistic when I'd made my mind up to be selfish! How odd...

Here they are:

A quilt for my mother (showing the front on the left and the back on the right):

 

A neckwarmer/scarf combo for my dad:

 

The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief in red and green (vey Christmassy! Quite unintended) on top for my friend Hanne (the only photo that wasn't blurry, my own in black is at the bottom just to show what it looks like):


Socks for my sister (yes, in black! That's what she asked for). I made up the design myself:

 

I made the scarf on the right for my friend Anne last year, this year I gave her the the bag on the left (same pattern, but yarn held singly this time). The knitted 'flap' is attached to one side only and folds over:

  


The trouble with presents is that you can't blog about them when you finish them. Because "people might see"!  A bunch of Crimbo presents is worst: there's a whole lot of them!  (Particularly when you don't follow through on the selfish crafting intention... Just how did that happen?)

So there you have it.  But next year, - I am definitely not making any at all! Definitely...

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, good luck with that next year! I can't knit under pressure, so I didn't knit any presents... Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great presents and so many of them! I know, it just happens with those Xmas knits...

    ReplyDelete