This is a project from last year. It took me a rather long time to tidy up the raw inside edge where I picked up stitches for the ruffle. At the time I didn't realise that the inside near the neck would show when you wear it. It folds out, so of course it would!
I put a herringbone stitch over the join and now it's finished! The only thing left to do was take a picture. Nice to have this done and ticked off my WIP list.
|Lion Wool website: Ruffle Shrug|
Patons Merino Wool DK
I found it a touch tricky to figure out how to fold the rectangle over to sew partial seams which leave the armholes open, - the instructions weren't all that helpful on this point. It eventually clicked: just keep the ribbing going in the same direction. My ribbing actually goes the other way than the one on the Lion's site - I must have knitted the rectangle with the height dimension for the width and vice versa. Not too different, it's much of a muchness!
I'm happy with this.